Saturday, June 18, 2011

A New Season

I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged. Truthfully, I don't know if I can fully explain why. The first few years of our marriage included so many circumstances through which I don't know how we would have made it without being able to chronicle our journey and have all of your support and prayers along the way. And then....along came our Isaac! He has been such a gift to us....and a challenge also. Over the last 9 months (can you believe it? 9 months!) since his birth, our lives have slowly (oh, so very slowly) become more and more manageable, but those first several months were incredibly difficult. Isaac has had acid reflux (still has it, but it is controlled by medication pretty well now - praise God.), and, while I want to avoid going into all the details of WHY it has made life so difficult in this post, I'll just say that it has. He has also been a cat-napper (meaning, his naps have mostly not been longer than 40 minutes) up until the last month or so....His naps are mostly longer now - again, PRAISE GOD. He is doing so much better at playing for short periods of time by himself, watching me work, so I am starting to be able to get things done around the house now to a degree that I haven't been able to in a looonnnnng time....and there are days that I actually sit down, or lie down, and REST during his naps now. This is so fabulous... I will never take a baby who naps NORMALLY (like Tali did) and sleeps through the night for granted again! :)

Anyway.... I have felt inspired to blog again lately for several reasons.... possibly mainly because I actually feel like I can handle (and ENJOY!) my life again these days, so I have time and mental energy to put into more intentionally sharing our lives again. I wanted to start fresh with a new blog, new title, etc., because I feel like the Lord has brought us through some fairly difficult times (between the loss of Tali and all of Isaac's difficulties) and out into a spacious place again, where we don't have to fight quite so hard to maintain perspective. When God made it clear to us that we were to name our baby "Isaac," I felt strongly that his name (laughter) spoke of the season that God was wanting to bring us into, after all of the intensity and grief around our situation with Tali. I didn't know at the time that I would have to hold onto that word from the Lord by faith for so many months after his birth. But I am so glad that we have held onto it....God is bringing us into a season of FELT, EXPERIENTIAL joy....fun....LAUGHTER. Hence, the title of our new blog: "A Time To Laugh" (Eccl. 3:4).

2 comments:

  1. Yazoo! Great stuff Dana. Cheryl and I know what you are talking about and slowly our joy has returned after a long period of severe trials as you know. Thank God for having passed through a season such as that for pain comes in the night and joy comes in the morning. Good morning!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, this reply is super late... but gooooooood morning! :) we love you guys. :)

      Delete

Hi there, friend! I'm honored and blessed when you share your heart, your thoughts, your feedback with me here. At the same time, I want my readers to feel free to read and process internally before the Lord... to not feel obligated to spit out immediate feedback.... so I am SO not upset or offended by non-commenting readers. Please be who you are - - internal AND external processors welcome here! :)


**If you have trouble leaving a comment, try going to where it says "comment as," or "Choose an Identity," changing the setting to "anonymous," and commenting as an anonymous user. Just make sure you leave your name in your comment if you'd like me to know who you are.**

Thanks so much for walking beside me a little ways here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...