Friday, January 27, 2012

Learning to Rest and Abide...again

Some random, slightly disjointed thoughts this morning:

Man... No matter how many times God presses on an area of my heart where I'm not at rest and in faith, and I yield to His work in me and learn to rest and trust and abide in Him at a new level.... there's always MORE.  I should know by now that I never "arrive..."  But I forget that sometimes. :)

I'm realizing that this process that we're diving into is going to be a HUGE stretch for my faith/rest muscles.  Already things are taking longer than I anticipated.  The paperwork we expected in the mail 2 days ago is STILL not here...and I have a strong feeling that the entirety of this process is going to look similar to this. Waiting that seems endless.  The completion of each step taking days and weeks longer than I (in ALL my wisdom ;) ) think it should.  Patience is not my strong suit when it comes to things like this... but I'm growing!  Yikes... This could be tough...  God, help me.

Hebrews 4 speaks of a rest that is for all believers.  Also, Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

I had the revelation this morning that this rest Jesus speaks of, this "easy yoke" and "light burden," is the result of FAITH.  Trusting in God to fulfill His promises over my life, even when I can't see how in the world He is going to do it, leads to inner rest and peace.  This is a daily, sometimes minute-by-minute battle.  Now I understand the concept of "striving to enter His rest."  It takes great intentionality in taking every single thought captive.  When I have victory in this area of my thought life, my heart is super peaceful... when I don't...it's not.  Trusting Him for continued growth in this stuff.....and knowing there will be PLENTY of opportunity for it in the near future!!

Definitely appreciate prayers for this specific area of my life in this season.... Thanks all! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...