Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Loving Well Where It Counts (1 Cor 13:1-3 - The Dana Version)

Image Credit: inspirationaldaily.wordpress.com

If I have all the words to say all the profound things of the Kingdom, 
but do not love well where it counts,
all of my words fall empty to the ground.

If I can articulate God's heart impressively and have wisdom beyond my years and have faith for great things, 
but do not love those right in front of me with authenticity and patience,
all of my talents and wisdom and faith are worthless in the long run.

If I give away all my resources to the masses and even lay down my life to serve them,
but don't lay down my life in love for my family,
all of my giving and serving are hollow.

(1 Corinthians 13:1-3, The Dana Version)


And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
(1 Corinthians 13:13)

The only thing that counts is faith
expressing itself through love.
(Galatians 5:6b)


Father, today, let me love well where it counts. 
  • Let me love You well by being surrendered to Your Kingship and in tune with Your heart.  
  • Let me love my husband well by being kind and gentle and laying down my life to serve.  
  • Let me love my son well by disciplining consistently and wholeheartedly giving my focus and affection.
Jesus, I fall upon Your empowering grace today.  In and of myself, I fall so far short of LOVE and my efforts are empty and strained.  But in Your strength, I can glorify You in the way that I love.  

So I lean into You today.  Let Your strength be made perfect in my weakness, let Your perfection fill in all of my gaps... and let me love well today, where it counts the most.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...