Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Minneapolis Trip: Part 2!

If you're new around here, welcome!  Today I just want to finish up blogging our recent trip to Minneapolis. In case you missed it and you'd like to catch up,  here's a link to part 1 of our MN trip.

This final set of pics is mostly from one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen... Lake Harriet, just outside of Minneapolis.  Thanks yet again to my friend Kelsey for giving me a GREAT list of places to see while we were there...including Lake H.  

We didn't do the 3-mile hike around the lake, but we did do some walking, some checking out of the dock and the resident fish and ducks, and some hard core playing at the (awesome!!) playground by the lake.......as pictured below:




See the fall color in the trees across the lake?  See it?!  SEE IT!?!?!








Moving on from Lake Harriet....
Playing on the hotel room floor with the sweet train set we got Isaac for $10 at Ikea!
Hooray!  He loves it.  Funny thing:  He HAS to lay down so he can play with it at eye level. :)

On Tuesday morning, Isaac and I left for our 7 hour (which ended up being 8 hours this time) road trip home, while Stan continued on with his second week of "culture acclimation" at his new job.  About an hour into our trip, we stumbled upon this rest area with...a PLAYGROUND!  And an Isaac-sized one, at that.  God DOES care about the details.  No doubt.  And Isaac was beside himself with joy. :)











Couldn't resist snapping a few pics of the trees as I watched Autumn
creep southward across the  Midwest.  Beautiful!!  My FAVORITE!!
All-in-all, we had a great trip... such a sweet time together as a family.  Isaac did phenomenally well on the road, and he adjusted surprisingly well to sleeping in the pack-n-play in our hotel room, even with us in the room.  He was such a trooper and it was so good for his heart, and mine, to see Daddy for those few days in the middle of his 2-week training period.

Blessings to you all today, friends!  May you experience the Father's voice and His delight and His tender nearness to you in the midst of your circumstances today, whatever they look like.








1 comment:

  1. I wish I would've known you were in Minneapolis we could've met up :) hehe.. Iam glad you had a good time here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, friend! I'm honored and blessed when you share your heart, your thoughts, your feedback with me here. At the same time, I want my readers to feel free to read and process internally before the Lord... to not feel obligated to spit out immediate feedback.... so I am SO not upset or offended by non-commenting readers. Please be who you are - - internal AND external processors welcome here! :)


**If you have trouble leaving a comment, try going to where it says "comment as," or "Choose an Identity," changing the setting to "anonymous," and commenting as an anonymous user. Just make sure you leave your name in your comment if you'd like me to know who you are.**

Thanks so much for walking beside me a little ways here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...