Friday, September 28, 2012

This Week's Splashes of Beauty: Our Minneapolis Trip (Part 1)... AND... A Quick Heads Up On Some Fun News

Most of you probably already know that Stan recently accepted a new job and had to spend his first two weeks with his new company (called... The NERDERY. Ha...) in Minneapolis.  So...Isaac and I drove up to see him for a long weekend between those 2 weeks.  We had a blast!  Here are some of our highlights.  Wish I had time to write more about the trip.... but.... here's what I've got for now: 

Someone did absolutely GREAT on the road. :)


One word: FUN!!!!  


Isaac heaven! 





So we found this truck in the M. of A....


....and we stayed there a while...


...and played...


...and explored...


...and laughed...


...and climbed...

...together...


...and I LOVED it.


The view into the amusement park in the center of the M. of A. HUGE!!  and SO FUN!


They have tons of these huge lego statue-things.


Isaac and I went and re-explored the M. of A. while Stan was working on Monday.  There was hardly anyone there...and Isaac and I got to ride several little-kid rides together.  We had a blast!  This was a "big rig" (like Grandpa drives!!) ride.




Isaac ADORES hot air balloons so this ride ROCKED! :) He still talks about it.




This is an up-and-down-bouncy-fun ride (like the Detonator...?  Is that what it's called?) that the attendant let me ride for free (sshhh!) with Isaac so he wouldn't be scared.  Don't worry - there was a belt thing that came down over our laps to keep us from flying off when the ride started.  Mr. Attendant Man also was kind enough to take a pic for me...which includes half of his finger....and I think it's funny. :)

Playing at the Lego Store! (Okay, so his attention span for this only lasted about 2 minutes and I
had to put Legos in his hands and snap pictures really fast before he lost interest.  There.  I was honest. :) )

Moving on from the M. of A....

Does this even need an explanation?  AAAAAh-mazing. 

My friend Kelsey told me about this local pizza chain - DaVanni's. DeLISH!!!  We ate there twice! :)



 OKAY!  There ya have it!  I will do my best to post more pics in the next few days!

ANNNND NOW FOR A QUICK HEADS UP:

MY WRITING WILL BE FEATURED AT THE BETTER MOM THIS SUNDAY!!

I'M SUPER HONORED AND EXCITED TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WRITE A POST FOR THIS SWEET COMMUNITY OF LADIES.  IF YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED THIS SITE OUT BEFORE, HAVE A LOOK!  IT'S A GREAT MOM/WOMAN-IN-GENERAL RESOURCE. VERY WORTH YOUR TIME.

TUNE IN HERE ON SUNDAY AND I'LL LINK TO MY POST @ THE BETTER MOM.

Annnnnnd that's all for now, friends.  Be richly blessed today to live tuned in to the nearness of Jesus to you... He so longs to reveal Himself to us in every piece of our day-to-day lives.  Love to y'all!!

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...